Enterprise Content Management(ECM) is the strategies, methods and tools used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes.
Enterprise Content Managementtools and strategies allow the management of an organization's unstructured information, wherever that information exists.
Enterprise Content Managementcan also be defined as solutions that the organizations use to unite teams, content and associated business processes. To be more precise, Enterprise Content Management guides the people in an organization through all the stages of work, from the initial discussion and planning, design, production, marketing, sales, service, and corporate administration by providing an integrated set of content, compliance, and collaboration solutions.
EMILY CAN BE USED IN FOLLOWING INDUSTRIES
- Financial Services
MAIN AVAILIABLE FUNCTIONALITIES
- Web Content Management (including full webapp & session virtualization)
- Document Management
- Repository-level versioning (similar to Subversion)
- Records Management
- Image Management
- Integrated Publishing
- Repository access
- Lucene search
- Multi-language support
- Multi-platform support (officially Windows, Linux and Solaris)
- Browser-based GUI (official support for Internet Explorer and Firefox)
- Desktop integration with Microsoft Office and OpenOffice.org